The Lust of The Flesh: Taming The Enemy!
Make no mistake about it, the conflict with your flesh is one of the most hostile wars you will fight as a Believer.
As long as you live in the earth realm, you will have to battle with your body daily. Left unchecked, your flesh will run buck wild!
You’ll find yourself overeating, lazy and slothful, committing sexual sins, engaging in adultery, homosexuality and lesbianism, practicing bulimia and given to drug, alcohol and pornographic addictions. In this critically needed teaching, you’ll learn how to pull out the big guns and tame your flesh!
Your Flesh Wants To Ruin Your Life!
Most Believers learn the hard way that their flesh is fighting mad and is out to destroy their life. The average Christian doesn’t understand that their flesh will never seek to do the will of God!
They cry out to God to set them free from destructive addictions and sexual sins. They plead with the Lord to remove their insatiable appetite for food, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or pornography. They beg the Lord to take away their desire to commit adultery or fornication. They seek out the prayers of well-known apostles, prophets, pastors, bishops and television ministries for deliverance. But it’s all for naught, as they constantly find themselves trapped and tormented by their sinful flesh.
Drill these crucial truths into your mind and heart…
Your flesh is in an all out war against your spirit. In this war, your flesh is on constant attack. The moment you let up and allow your flesh to run free course, your life will start a systematic descent into regret, shame and degradation. Read what scriptures say about this tense conflict.
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Galatians 5: 17, 19-21
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Did you notice that your flesh ADAMANTLY desires to participate in adultery, fornication, idolatry, hatred, strife and drunkenness? You say, “Not my flesh Brother Triplett!” “Oh yes, your flesh!” You could be an average lay Christian. Or, you could be an apostle, prophet, bishop or pastor. Either way, your flesh is hell-bent on dominating your spirit.
In this cataclysmic war, one of two things is going to happen: (1) your flesh will win and you will eventually find yourself looking in the mirror of life with deep regret, or (2) you will rise up with the Sword of the Spirit and make your flesh obey you!!!
You Must Make Your Flesh Obey You!!!
In Galatians 5:17, you read how your flesh lusteth or wars against your spirit and how your spirit lusteth or wars against your flesh. The outcome of these tense battles will be determined by how you answer this critical question, “Do you follow the scriptural instructions for taming your flesh. Before your answer, read the instructions and digest them carefully.
● Bring your body into subjection, (See I Corinthians 9:27)
● Make no provision for your flesh, (See Romans 13:14)
● Mortify your flesh, (See Colossians 3:5)
● Walk in the Spirit, (See Galatians 5:16)
● Crucify your flesh, (See Galatians 5:24)
God commands you to mortify, crucify and bring your flesh into subjection. If you don’t obey those commands, I can tell you with one hundred percent prophetic accuracy; your flesh is going to dominate your spirit. And when that happens, you are subject to commit any of the seventeen destructive works or occupations of the flesh you just read in Galatians 5:17-21
When Things Get Serious… Shock & Awe!
A prime military strategy revealed throughout the scriptures and used in modern day warfare is a tactic called: Shock and Awe. The plan is to frighten the enemy into submission through rapid overwhelming dominance. You attack the enemy with an onslaught of firepower until he is sent into a state of shock, leaving him unable or unwilling to fight.
In order to bring your body into subjection, you will most likely be forced to deploy Shock and Awe. Especially in cases of sexual sins, food, alcohol and drug addictions and other persistent strongholds. Here’s the steps you’ll need to take to implement this potent military strategy against your flesh.
Tame Your Flesh!
● Sever All Bad Influences, (See I Corinthians 15:33)
There are certain individuals who, simply put, are bad influences. They will inspire you to sin. I recall a woman who attended church regularly, gave tithes and offerings and stated that she put God first in her life. After I had known her for a few months, she told me that she didn’t see anything wrong with us having sexual relations although we weren’t married. At that point, I promptly severed our contact. She was obviously sent by satan to tempt my flesh and ruin God’s glorious plans for my life.
You don’t pray with bad influences. You don’t negotiate or compromise with them. Nor do you try to understand their point of view. If they are attempting to pull, steer, lead, seduce or coerce you away from the will of God, you CUT THEM LOOSE! That includes the ones who claim to know Christ! Go back and examine yourself to make sure that you have not allowed any ungodly soul ties, flesh ties or spiritual ties in your life. If you have, sever them immediately! Don’t give place to the devil!
● Set No Wicked Things Before Your Eyes, (See Psalm 101:3) - The key here is that you don’t set these things before your eyes. REMEMBER! This is not a game! This is all out war! Your very life is at stake and this strategy is designed to shock your flesh! If you are not willing to take these extreme measures, stop deceiving yourself; you are not serious about being made whole! If certain things stir up your flesh to commit unrighteousness, you need to clean house and eliminate them! That includes magazines, television shows, certain commercials, movies, photographs, etc.
● Take Heed To What You Hear, (See Mark 4:24) - There are certain songs, lyrics, speeches and lectures that will inspire a spirit of fornication or adultery. Others will incite homosexuality, lesbianism, overeating, domestic violence, bulimia, hatred and lying. You must take heed to what you hear and be ready to instantly reject words that inflame you to transgress against the will of God for your life.
● Speak To Your Flesh With The Voice of Authority, (See Galatians 5:24) – Like Paul, the Lord requires you to take the rod of the Word of God and beat your body into obedience. Speaking to your body with the voice of the Holy Spirit guarantees that your flesh stays tamed!
● Take Authority Over Your Mind, (See II Corinthians 10:3-5) - When fantasies, daydreams and unrighteous thoughts attempt to infiltrate and dominate your mind, you must cast down those imaginations immediately! If you let them germinate, take root and spring up, they will become a fierce overbearing stronghold! One of the primary reasons people struggle with addictions and sexual sins is that they fail or refuse to take authority over their mind.
● Flee From Temptations Of The Flesh, (See Genesis 39:7-13) - You cannot flirt, toy or dally with sin and come out unscathed. When you are confronted with temptations, (food, sexual, financial or otherwise), you must flee! There can be no other options!
● Surround Yourself with Believers Who Sharpen You Spiritually, (See Proverbs 27:17) – You must examine the people you associate with and befriend. Are they sharpening or dulling your spiritual armor? Are they a spiritual ball and chain? If so, you’ll need to sever ties. Carnal, lukewarm and cold Christians will impede your ability to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit and weaken your spiritual effectiveness. You must surround yourself with individuals who sharpen you spiritually and hold you accountable.
● Submit Yourself to a Season of Prayer And Fasting, (See I Corinthians 7:5) - There are times when the battle with your flesh will be so intense, you will need to take the drastic measure of resorting to a season or seasons of prayer and fasting. Fasting disciplines your flesh and reminds your body who’s in command and prayer charges up your spiritual batteries. When you combine these two powerful weapons, your flesh experiences Shock and Awe like never before!
You’ll need to plan in advance to shut everything down for a couple of days: telephones, e-mail, television, family, friends and neighbors. Then get in you prayer closet and diligently draw near to the Lord God. It may take more than a couple of days, but whatever it takes to win the war with your flesh, you must be willing to do it, or your flesh will own you! As you take these 8 steps, your flesh will become tamed to obey your every command. God bless!
● Is Your Belly Your God?
● The Sex Drive Why We Have It! (Part 1)
● Anatomy of Adultery - 15 Steps of Unfaithfulness
● Why Is Choosing The Wrong Mate So Dangerous?
● Will He Leave You Pregnant and Alone?
● Is It The Will of God For Me To Marry or Remain Single?
© Copyright Gillis Triplett Ministries.
2004 - All Rights Reserved. International copyright secured.
This life-changing article has been provided by www.Gillistriplett.com.
Your destiny is just a click away! Log on to www.Gillistriplett.com
and get empowered to change your life!